Introduction to Virtual Reality
- Virtual Reality (VR) is a natural adjunct to Virtual Worlds (VW), although it is a step beyond. VR allows the user to see a presentation on a display in 3D instead of a simple, flat 2 dimensions. Before VR headsets became available, VWs existed in 3 dimensions, but could only be viewed in 2D.
How VR Works
Viewers for VR
- To use sites or apps that display VR, it is necessary to have a headset or 3D glasses.
- Hypergrid Business, an online newsletter by Maria Korolov, frequently publishes reviews of VR devices along with business developments in the field.
Why VR is Important for VWs
Current Events in VR Business & Research
- an article from re/code by Mark Bergen
- an article on the Sketchfab blog, by Alban, cofounder & CEO of Sketchfab